Healthy Leaders

Subscribe

Recent Articles

Categories

Healthy Leaders

Community

Articles in this category focus on rejoicing in the community of other believers, how to build and nurture community, and how to better reflect Jesus Christ to our brothers and sisters in the faith.

Do What I Ask. Huh?

"If only my people would just do what I ask!" I've heard too many leaders utter those words and then, in their frustration, implement solutions that don't seem to make things better. Maybe leaders can sharpen their approach with a simple shift in the question they ask themselves.

Corey OlynikCorey Olynik

8 Tips to Survive the Messy Middle

Have you ever ministered to someone who has been in the messy middle? They are moving forward towards overcoming in an area but not without setbacks and skirmishes. They are not displaying behavior that reflects the maturity we might expect or hope for. Especially when this person is an adult, our perceptions and patience towards them may not be terribly generous. Depending upon your own gifting, you may find the messy middle life-giving or nerve-grating.

William FrisbieWilliam Frisbie

The Weapon of Fellowship

Two-by-two provides protection. It provides another set of eyes to watch and ears to listen, to be on the alert for the enemy. It allows also for one to rest while the other is on watch. This keeps both in the battle. Two-by-two provides a system of accountability. By laboring together one can help the other stay on the narrow road.

Scott RodinScott Rodin

6 Reminders for Parents of Third Culture Kids

This journey of missions and raising kids is a journey laced with grace. To communicate that grace to your kids is the biggest gift you will ever give them. Much of our past has been put into photo albums, blog posts, and memories of the heart. There is no doubt this life of pilgrimage comes with unique challenges, peculiar pains, unspoken losses – but for all those, there is always and ever Grace.

Marilyn GardnerMarilyn Gardner

10 Ways To Lose Great Staff

When you lose a great staff member, it’s like climbing a tall staircase to nowhere. You did a lot of work in training and creating a staff culture that is productive; then, it’s gone. Jay has heard all the reasons why people leave seemingly great ministry positions. Here are ten of them.

Jay MitchellJay Mitchell

Generosity Isn’t Just About Money

In an age of platform-seeking celebrities, it’s easy to overlook this reality. Both inside and outside of the church, nobody is the person they are without the investment of others. A glimpse in the rear-view mirror of life will reveal that the mysterious hand of God’s sovereignty often worked through the love, investment, and sacrifice of others. We are who we are because of other people.

Matt RogersMatt Rogers