Conflict between generations is not new. Every generation experiences this. The particular issues around which conflict occurs may change, but the underlying dynamics between the generations are the same. Our conflicts are not unique.
But God’s goal is that the generations work together in a healthy way! And this collaboration and unity brings about tremendous benefits:
- Both generations are effectively engaged (Ephesians 4:16).
- The older generation gives true treasure (truth, vision, and life) to the next generation.
- The younger generation receives care, support, life-building, and accountability.
- The church experiences stability with appropriate change, and grows in unity (John 17).
- We experience growth and expansion.
- The mission succeeds and God is glorified in the process!
In this session with the Lausanne Movement, Dr. Webber shares key insights into reducing inter-generational frustrations and conflicts.