Healthy Leaders

Recent Articles

Categories

Community

Articles in this category focus on rejoicing in the community of other believers, how to build and nurture community, and how to better reflect Jesus Christ to our brothers and sisters in the faith.

Mentoring the Mentors

Mentoring is usually concerned about mentoring younger leaders. Mentees are seeking for guidance and coaching from senior leaders as they face new challenges and struggle to balance their life and leadership, ministry and family. But who will mentor the mentors? Or do they need mentors if they are already mentoring others? In my recent [...]

Herman MoldezHerman Moldez

Are You Drained or Tired?

Do you ever worry that if you give to others too much, you won’t have anything left at the end of the day? Author Dr. John Townsend addresses this common concern and some misconceptions about love in his book Loving People, which I recommend.  Dr. Townsend writes that it is normal to feel tired when we love […]

Adrian PeiAdrian Pei

Before We Criticize Our Leaders

I can still recall walking out of the leadership meeting, feeling deflated and invisible.  They just don’t get me, and what I’m trying to do, I thought to myself.  I felt frustrated, indignant, and angry. And then I did the exact same thing to a group of younger leaders.  I neglected to value and honor their […]

Adrian PeiAdrian Pei

The Prison of Familiarity

When was the last time you changed your opinion positively about a colleague, someone in the office, or a fellow-worker in your ministry team? I wonder if I miss important insights and challenges because I have stopped listening to certain colleagues. I may be stuck with outdated opinions of people. I’m imprisoned by my familiarity. [...]

Ahadu GebreamlakAhadu Gebreamlak

When Sheep Bite

“If I could wish one thing for Christian leaders, it would be a thicker skin.” That was some of the wisest counsel I ever received. It came early in my ministry. Members of flocks might wish shepherds were more sensitive to their needs. But the reality is, when shepherds find their sheep can bite like […]

David GoodmanDavid Goodman

How Leadership Is a Relationship

For many, thinking of leadership as a relationship is difficult. Too many people consider leadership a position, a role to play. Yet leadership is much more than the day-to-day activities you partake in to run your organization. Let’s take a surface level look at the relationship between leadership and relationship and then dig deeper. [...]

Joseph LalondeJoseph Lalonde